Name:
Location: Lander, Wyoming, United States

I'm just a western boy living the good life and enjoying every minute of it.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Catching Up and Moving On

Yes, I know. It's been a little while since I wrote. But get used to it! This is definitely my busy time of year between vacations and starting field season. Speaking of vacations, Melissa and I got back from St. Louis last Friday. We had a fun trip, despite some inner ear issues for Melissa and somebody mistakingly taking her luggage when we got there. But we packed a lot of activity in while we were there. And let me just say, you can never go on the Budweiser brewery tour too often. You all know what I'm talking about, free beer at the end of the tour! A trip to St. Louis is also not complete without seeing the Arch. On the way back home, our flight from Denver to Casper, Wyoming was weight restricted, so they offered us each a free round-trip ticket if we would catch the next flight, only an hour and fifteen minutes later. Of course, we said hell yeah! They gave us meal vouchers, and we were only at the airport for another hour fifteen. Who wouldn't do that? It didn't take us long to figure out how we were going to use our free tickets. Vegas baby! So we're heading to Sin City in November after field season is done. Don't worry though. We won't get hitched while we're down there. We'll save that for next Memorial weekend.

This 3-day Memorial weekend should be pretty low key for us. I have yet to see Star Wars Episode III, so that is definitely on the docket for Friday night. It's also been a few weeks since I've been on the golf course, so that will be taken care of Saturday. The rest of the weekend will be spent getting ready for our next vacation.

Next vacation you are saying??? Yes, I am a vacation hog. I seldom have vacation hours built up because I use them so frequently. Thank god for comp time. Melissa's brother is getting married in Denver a week from Saturday. After a few days in Denver with the future in-laws, it's off to South Dakota to see my dad, brother and nephew. On the way back from that trip, Melissa has to drop me off at a training event for work in the Big Horn Mountains of northern Wyoming. Yes folks, it will be a busy few weeks, and you will hear very little from me. But fear not, I will return with a vengeance, hopefully with many stories from my many days on the road. I just hope I don't get trucker butt.

3 Comments:

Blogger P said...

Welcome back. Let me know how you like Episode III.

I haven't swung a club since. . . hmm. . . our round in Lander last summer. Do you have any kind of season package deal, or do you pay as you go? I'd imagine you're off gallivanting in the woods so much a summer pass probably wouldn't be worth it.

May 26, 2005 at 11:22 AM  
Blogger Mags said...

Welcome back!

May 27, 2005 at 12:23 PM  
Blogger Leta said...

My Mom's family is originally from St. Louis so I've done the tour -- and loved it. Man, it's been years since I've done that. I'll have to think up a reason for a trip to STL.

June 2, 2005 at 7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home