Name:
Location: Lander, Wyoming, United States

I'm just a western boy living the good life and enjoying every minute of it.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

A Successful Weekend

First and foremost, Star Wars-Revenge of the Sith. Absolutely loved it. It wrapped up the Star Wars series wonderfully and answered a lot of questions. Great light saber battle scenes. Anakin wasn't whiny anymore, but was a bad ass. Obi-wan is just the shiznit. Very high praise for Episode III.

On to another successful part of the weekend...my golf game. I shot the best score of my life, a 93. To you excellent golfers out there, yes, I've still got a long way to go to become a scratch golfer. But considering a couple years ago I was averaging about 105-110 over 18 holes, I'm pretty flippin' excited about my 93. And in actuality, out of about 7 or 8 rounds this year, I've only shot over 100 once. So I'm finally on my way to becoming half-way decent. But I do still have a long ways to go to become anywhere close to good. As an addendum to my good score, I also chipped in from about 10 yards off the green, over a ridge onto the downhill sloping green, straight into the cup. Sweetest shot of my life.

The final success of the weekend came Sunday morning. Melissa and I started the daunting task of clearing the massive amount of weeds from her yard. About 20 minutes after we started, it started raining, effectively ending the yard work saga for the Memorial weekend. "Damn honey, guess that yard work will have to be put off again." Unfortunately, the rain, which continued through most of yesterday, put a damper (no pun intended) on my hiking plans. Can't win 'em all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home