Name:
Location: Lander, Wyoming, United States

I'm just a western boy living the good life and enjoying every minute of it.

Thursday, June 02, 2005

A Large Snake and Another Vacation

First and foremost, I saw the largest snake that I have ever seen in the wild yesterday. We were touring some past and future stream improvement pr0jects near Lander. While we were standing on the banks of the Popo Agie River about 3 miles from Lander, a guy in our group looked over to his right and jumped a few feet in the air. Slithering toward our group was a very large bull snake, about 2-3 inches in diameter and 5-6 feet in length. Bull snakes are generally harmless, but their size makes them quite formidable. The snake, who seemed neither pissed nor scared, cruised up to within about 3 feet of our group, then disappeared down into a little crevice. A little scary at first (because bull snakes look eerily similar to the rattlesnakes in this area), but quite impressive.

So I'm signing off for another couple of weeks. We leave tonight for Denver for Melissa's brother's wedding, then off to South Dakota to see my pop, bro, and nephew, then to Tensleep, Wyoming for a week of work training. I sure hope the plant in my apartment doesn't get too pissed at me for lack of water. Although, it is one of those stubborn plants that won't die, no matter what torture it endures. Anywho, I hope everyone has a good couple of weeks. I shall return with stories, but hopefully no more snakes for awhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home