Name:
Location: Lander, Wyoming, United States

I'm just a western boy living the good life and enjoying every minute of it.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Whew!

Well folks, I'm back. I can definitely tell it's summer, because there's no slowing down. The vacation was a great success. When we got to Denver for Melissa's brother's wedding, it was raining like crazy. It rained basically up until about an hour before the wedding. Good timing. I was an usher in the wedding, and I got to wear a tophat and cane. When I first heard that I would be donning such attire, I was somewhat skeptical, yet intrigued. Let me just say this about how it looked...cool as the underside of the pillow. That shit was hot! I saved the tophat and cane and will use it again in the future.

After a fun-filled weekend with Melissa's family, which was not so fun-filled for Melissa, who had some bad chicken at the reception, we hit the road for Aberdeen, South Dakota, where my dad lives. Eleven hours later, we met up with my dad, brother, his girlfriend, and my nephew. Almost the entire drive, we had storms in our rear view mirror. We barely outraced them to Aberdeen, and a half hour after we arrived, we were greeted with a series of tornados, 100-mph straight-line winds, and severe thunderstorms. We were happy not to have been on the road during that rager of a storm. South Dakota was fun, with much mini golf played, games played, and go carts raced. My nephew wore me out, so I was happy to get back to work.

On our way back from SoDak, Melissa dropped me off at the Tensleep Preserve, a Nature Conservancy property near Tensleep, Wyoming that consisted of some of the most beautiful mountain foothills that I've ever seen. It was a great place to do streamwork, and we got a lot of that done, as well as some hiking, golfing, and lounging amongst the Ponderosa Pine.

So the vacation went well, but I was happy to get home. The top is finally down on the Jeep, now that it is truly summer in Wyoming. Life is good. But as long as I can come home to Lander and be with my gal, life will always be good.

2 Comments:

Blogger P said...

A top hat and cane? Sweeeeeet.

June 24, 2005 at 8:06 AM  
Blogger P said...

You've been tagged:

http://thesunkeepsrising.blogspot.com/

June 28, 2005 at 6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home